Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mommy where do babies come from?

As a member of the blogging for books program, I am asking to read books and then to write a review of what I think of that book.  This is a book review on the book God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren.  If you read my last review on Mercy Come Morning, you will realize that these two books are by the same author.  I did not realize this until after I had read both books and was surprised to find out that Lisa Tawn Bergen writes children's book too.


 This is the book review I posted on the Blogging for Books website.  It is my own honest personal opinion of what I thought of the book, God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren.


Book Review:  God Gave Us You


 God Gave Us You is the first book in a series of book by Lisa Tawn Bergren.  God Gave Us You is a delightful fiction children's book.  The art work by Laura J. Bryant is beautifully illustrated.   The story starts out with a little Polar bear cub that doesn't want to go to bed so he ask his polar bear mother "where did I come from?".  Polar Bear mother has a quick response, she says "From God."    The Polar Bear mother explains how at each phase of her pregnancy from before conception to delivery polar bear cub's parents rejoiced in knowing  "God gave us you."   


I really enjoyed reading this to my two youngest children.  It helped me to remind them that each of them are a give from God and how much I wanted each of my children.   My favorite parts of the book is when the daddy polar bear sang to the polar bear cub when he was in his mother's tummy,  and how the polar bear mother prayed for her cub before he was born.  This book's positive message of how God chooses each child for each family, is one that I think every child should hear.   


I also like that this book comes in a bar board book not only because they are are the perfect size for little toddler hands, but also because they make it harder for my little toddler to destroy.  He really enjoy bring this book to me so that I will sit down with him and read it to him.    


You can also check out her other books in the series.  Water Brook Multnomah


Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Water Brook Press as a member of their Blogging for Books program. All opinions are my own.


1 comment:

  1. My daughter would really enjoy this book. She hasn't asked the question, but she knows that God fashioned her in my womb, and that He knows all there is to know about her, even the number of hairs on her head (She loves that part). She loves Jesus with all her heart and she loves books about how He created us and loves us. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete