Saturday, November 26, 2011

How to cook a juicy, moist and delicious turkeys with Reynolds Oven Bag

Every year for Thanksgiving those that sit down and eat a meal with our family always ask me how I get my Turkey so juicy, moist and delicious.  I would love to tell them that I spend all day in the kitchen sweating to put out this picture Perfect Turkey, but it is not true.  As a matter of fact, it is easy.  All I use is one Turkey size Reynolds Oven Bag.

Here is the recipe that I use.  I have adapted it from Reynolds brand website.

Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey:



INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Reynolds™ Oven Bag, Turkey Size

  • 1 tablespoon flour

  • 2 stalks celery, sliced

  • 1 medium onion, sliced

  • 12 to 24 pound turkey, thawed

  • 1 Tablespoon Rosemary

  • butter if desired



FIRST clean out the turkey taking out the neck and giblets.  Rinse turkey; pat dry.

PREHEAT oven to 350°F.

SHAKE flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. 

PLAVE turkey in bag 

ADD vegetables to inside of turkey. Brush turkey with butter and sprinkel with rosemary

CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2–inch slits in top.  Insert meat thermometer through bag into thickest part of inner thigh, not touching bone. Tuck ends of bag in pan. ( see photo above)

BAKE until meat thermometer reads 180°F, for my 14 pound turkey it only too about 2 1/2 hours to cook.  It was so simple.  


There you have it how I made a juicy, moist and delicious Turkey dinner for my family.  It was so easy and gave me time to spend with my family and that is what I am truly thankful for...



Disclamer: I did not receive anything to write this review, all the information was taken from Reynolds brand website  I just thought you might want to know my non-secret on how to cook a turkey.   


No comments:

Post a Comment