Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book review: Shadows on the Sand

As a member of the blogging for books program, I am asking to read books and then to write a review of what I think of that book.  This is a book review on the book Shadows on the Sand by Gayle Roper This is the book review I posted on the Blogging for Books website.  It is my own honest personal opinion of what I thought of the book.



If you are in the mood for a suspenseful romantic book, you will love Shadows on the Sand by Gayle Roper. Shadows on the Sand is about a 30 something restaurant owner, Carrie Carter, journey to open herself up to the possibility of love with one of her regular customers, Greg Barnes.  Carrie’s had to save her 10 year old sister Lindsey from a alcoholic mother, and her mother’s sexually inappropriate boyfriends by become a runaway at 16 years old.  Carrie ran away to the only place she knew, keeping her at a distance from men.  Carrie has tried to hide her feeling of Greg, but everyone except Greg seem to know her heart longs for him.  Greg has his own past to overcome as he deals with the loss of his wife, children, and job as a Policeman.  Greg’s horrible loss sent him into a downward spiral of drinking to hide his pain, that he has just recently overcome. 


  Weaved in the middle of the Romantic story of Carrie and Greg is a who did it mystery. It all starts with the disappearance and then murder of one of Carries dishwasher, Jase.  After Jase is found murdered, Andi, one of  Carrie’s waitress  starts to act strange.  A few days later Andi goes missing and everyone is left wonder where she went and why.  The mystery of Jase’s death and Andi’s strange behavior is more than enough to peak Greg and Carries interest and that is where their interest in each other begins. 


I enjoyed reading the book because it kept me guess as to who killed Jase..  I liked how the author would jump from 1st person of Carrie to 1st person of the killer and other main characters; it made the story more interesting and kept the plot moving.    This book was a page turner with each chapter ending with a cliff hanger. 
The overall theme of forgiveness of others before you can truly love someone is not only a biblical truth but one of my favorite theme to read.  I hope that you will enjoy reading this book as much as I did!





Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Water Brook Press as a member of their Blogging for Books program. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment