Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Atkins House Party

As  I add more and more photo to my blog I am staring to really notice the change in my weight, and not in a good way.  That is why when I heard about the Atkins House party, I jumped at the change to learn more ways to lose weight safely.  


Just like me many of you have probably heard of Atkins, but never really know exactly what is entails. Some of you, like me may think it is all about giving up all carbs but its not.  


What is Atkins ? 



"Atkins™ is the original leading low-carb weight loss plan that provides quick, effective, satisfying and balanced weight loss based on an extensive body of scientific research. The Atkins Diet is designed to “flip the body’s metabolic switch” from burning carbs to burning fat. Graduated carb introduction limits blood sugar and insulin spikes, which cause hunger and cravings, and result in overeating and weight gain."

How does it work?

"The Atkins plan consists of four phases, with gradual increased carb intake for each phase. The plan allows an individual to find his or her perfect carbohydrate balance that is ideal for their personal weight loss or maintenance. Atkins dieters are motivated to change and maintain their eating patterns with delicious and healthy food options."

To find out more about Atkins click here. 




   The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less.  Pictured above is the Spinach Dip recipes I made was from the Atkins cookbook.  It is simple to make, healthy to eat and taste as good as it looks. 




Atkins also offers a variety of nutrition bars and shakes which can serve as a convenient meal, snack, or treat. These products are indulgently sweet but low in carbs – so Atkins dieters can indulge their sweet tooth while managing hunger all day.


You are not alone at  atkins.com you will find an online community and resource center.   Atkins.com has many recipes and menu plans for each phase of the Atkins plan all at no cost.  Once you  registration, you can have all the information they need to get started in a  quick-start kit mailed to you for free.  


Above is a photo of my Atkins Party.  Each guest receive a blue tote bag full of goodies.  Thank you to Atkins for giving each guest coupons, a memo pad of paper and 3 Atkins snack bar samples to take one home.   


Disclosure:  Do not start a diet without the approval of your doctor.  I received free products for me and my guest courtesy of Atkins brand through House Party.  Quotes taken from Atkins or Houseparty website. 




No comments:

Post a Comment