Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rare Disease Day: Rett Syndrome


Rare Disease Day

Today is Leap year, and Leap year is rare, but do you know what else is rare?  


There are many types of rare disease that effect over 1 million people.  That is why today is national Rare Disease Day.  




In Honor of my daughter, Mare Bear  I wanted to bring awareness to those effected by rare disease, like Rett Syndrome.  







Rett Syndrome...


 is a developmental disorder. It is not a degenerative disorder.

 causes problems in brain function that are responsible for cognitive, sensory, emotional, motor and autonomic function. These can include learning, speech, sensory sensations, mood, movement, breathing, cardiac function, and even chewing, swallowing, and digestion.



symptoms appear after an early period of apparently normal or near normal development until six to eighteen months of life, when there is a slowing down or stagnation of skills.




 A period of regression then follows when she loses communication skills and purposeful use of her hands. Soon, stereotyped hand movements such as handwashing, gait disturbances, and slowing of the normal rate of head growth become apparent. Other problems may include seizures and disorganized breathing patterns while she is awake. In the early years, there may be a period of isolation or withdrawal when she is irritable and cries inconsolably. Over time, motor problems may increase, but in general, irritability lessens and eye contact and communication improve.




I have said this before on my blog, "Sometime you pick a cause and sometimes, like in our case, a cause picks you."  

Information about Rett syndrome found at  http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content/blogcategory/17/1105/



If you have a rare disease, don't be ashamed, let the whole world know.  Bring awareness to your rare disease.  Leave a comment telling me what your rare disease is, or a disease that is effecting your family.  Together we are strong.





Click here to check Rare Disease day out on facebook

Click here to checkout Rare Disease day  website



1 comment:

  1. Am very happy today to share this amazing testimony on how Dr. Imoloa the herbal doctor was able to cure me from my Herpes Virus with his herbal medicine. I have been a herpes patient for almost 8 months now and have tried different methods of treatment to ensure that I am cured of this terrible disease, but none worked for me, so I had to leave everything to God to handle as I was a Christian who had faith that one day God would intervene in my life, yet I felt so sad and desperate as I was losing almost everything due to my illness, A few months ago while I was surfing the internet I saw different recommendation about Dr Imoloa on how he have been using his herbal Medicine to treat and cure people, these people advice we contact Dr. Imoloa for any problem that would help immediately, I contacted Dr Imoloa and I told him how I got his contact and also about my disease, after some time Dr. Imoloa told me to have faith that he would prepare for me a medication of herbal herbs, he told me I would take this medicine for two weeks and also asked my home  address so as possible for him to submit the drug for me, so my good friends after all the process and everything Dr Imoloa actually sent me the medicine, I took it as I was directed by Dr. Imoloa after two weeks passed, while on Dr.Imoloa medication I began to experience changes in my body, I had to call my doctor at the hospital for some blood test after test my hospital doctor told me that I was no longer with the herpes virus and my blood is pretty good, I can not even believe this, Friends well today i am Herpes Free and i want everyone to know that there is a cure for herpes for those who will contact Dr Imoloa after reading my testimony, you can kindly contact Dr. Imoloa Via e-mail/ (drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com)  or Whatssapp him on +2347081986098. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete