Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Prayerfully walking

I have joined a community of blogger that like to read book and write reviews.  It is called Blogging for book.  It is simple and fun to do.  You can find out more about how you can blog for books at:  http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/


Here is my first review on a book called "Prayer Walk: becoming a woman of prayer, strength and Discipline" 


 "Prayer Walk: becoming a woman of prayer, strength and Discipline" by Janet Holm McHenry is one women’s battle to overcome the physical pains of an earthly body and spiritual defeats of this earthly world. McHenry  has been there before and with her book she guides you to be a disciplined  prayerful walker with the ultimate personal trainer, Jesus.
McHenry starts off the book telling you her journey as she became a prayerwalker.  Throughout her book she will lead you to make time to prayerwalk,  explain why you should do it, and the importance of praywalking with a partner.   She also provides exercises and goes over the types of shoes to wear to keep your body healthy.   PrayerWalk  includes a Study guide with scripture references for small groups and a personal 30 day challenge as well. 
I enjoyed reading  Prayerwalk and I like the ease of reading it.  More importantly it challenged me to be faithfully reading God’s work and to dive deeply into the motives behind my prayers to make them more God focused.   I think that this is a good book for anyone looking to get a little exercise by walking and wanting to deepen their relationship with God through prayer.


For an excerpt from this book: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/catalog.php?isbn=9781578563760&view=excerpt

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook Press as a member of their Blogging for Books program.  I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review.    All opinions are my own.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I love prayer walking; I use to do it more. I ranked your review!

    ReplyDelete