Friday, February 15, 2013

My Hotel Transylvania Monster Bowl Party


I was so excited to invite friends over to watch the New Movie Hotel Transylvania.

About the Movie: 
The bases for the movie is Dracula owns a lavish five-stake resort, a place where monsters and their families can safely vacation,  without humans to bother them. One weekend a year, Dracula invites Frankenstein, the bride of  Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, a family of werewolves, and other monster to celebrate his daughter Mavis’s 118th birthday. For Drac, catering to all of these legendary monsters is no problem, but his world could come crashing down when one ordinary guy stumbles on the hotel and takes a shine to Mavis.

The New Movie Hotel Transylvania is now available on Blu-ray and DVD.


Hotel Transylvania's star-studded cast includes ADAM SANDLER as the voice of Dracula, SELENA GOMEZ as Mavis, KEVIN JAMES as a clumsy and lovable Frankenstein, CEELO GREEN as the musically talented Mummy, and ANDY SAMBERG as the hotel’s human intruder, Jonathan. Plus many more!


My Party: 
Now I tried to throw an awesome party in honor of the New Movie Hotel Transylvania coming out on DVD, but it was hard to compete with Mavis' 118th birthday bash party.  I am no Drac, and I did not have the help of a party planner as he did, but I did  the best I could.  I think it could be cool to have a monster band like she did at her party, but where would I put them?  I did have some dancing mummies or should I say mommies at my party just like Mavis birthday party.  And what a cute idea of a theme on travel around the world.  I think I want that as my theme on my next birthday.




As you know the party starts with the food.  So I planned for my party with monster in mind.  I made a Scream Cheese Dip for my guest to try.  It was so good we all had to scream (see above photo).  I also made some Green Sludge Punch for my little ghouls.  It was a great combination of sour and sweet.
I also had some cup cakes, rice krispies treats, and theater flavored popcorn.  Some of my friends brought some pizza and brownies to share.  Yum!

Scream Cheese Taco Dip Recipe
Ingredience:
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. low fat cream cheese
1 (16 oz.) carton low fat sour cream or fat free Greek yogurt
1 can bean dip
1 pkg. low-salt taco seasoning mix
1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
Instructions:
Soften low fat cream cheese, then add low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt gradually mixing with mixer. Add bean dip and taco seasoning. Beat on low speed until well mixed. Put in casserole dish and top with Cheddar cheese. Cover the casserole and heat in oven at 325 degrees for 30-45 Minutes, until heated through. Serve with DORITOS or FRITOS.




While the kids were waiting for the movie to start they colored Valentine's day card of the monsters from the movie.  It reminded me of how Mavis and Johnny found their "Zing".

  When the movie started the kids were glued to the TV watching the movie. (see above photo)




After the movie was over we all posed for a group photo.  We have a few serious photos and some silly photos too.



Playing with different apps on my iPhone is so much fun.  I tried the Hotel Transylvania GoldRun App, and we loved it.  We all took pictures with different Hotel Transylvania cast members.  It was like they were all with us at our party.  We all really enjoyed it.



My kids are always grabbing my iPad to play games.  My friends and kids really liked playing Hotel T Monster Party App.  It lets you create your own monster, play a memory match game, explore the hotel, and more!


Check out HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA on the following Social Networks: 
• FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/HotelT 
• TWITTER: https://twitter.com/HotelT
• PINTEREST: https://pinterest.com/hotelt


Disclamer:  My guess and I receive a free private screening of Hotel Transylvania the movie courteous of Crowdtap and Sony Entertainment.  I also receive a party planning kit as downloadable content. However, all options expressed her are my own.     




1 comment: