Thursday, September 20, 2012

A simple note of God's Love to...


Has our would changed so much we forgot how much the little thing mean to others.  In a world where you can instant message or post to facebook in seconds, have we loss the art of writing a letter or sending a card to someone.  Have we all lost our personal touch with each other?  I really hope not.  I do not know if you are anything like me, but I still enjoy receiving and giving physical greeting cards (maybe because I do not get many cards). There is something said about someone who takes the time to go to the store, pick out a card, write a small note, address it, stamp it and send it in the mail.  Think about all those steps.  During each one of those steps that person was thinking of you.  It is enough to make anyone feel loved, valued and cherished.

It is so easy for us sometime to get so caught up in our own lives, we forget about others around us. We tell ourselves we are adults and we don't need to have friends.  For me, finding and keeping friends as an adult is harder than it was as a child.  Even with many friends sometimes as moms we can feel alone.  It feels like no one understand what you are going through, but there is someone that knows exactly how you feel, Christ.  He is always there for us, with his words of wisdom to comfort our hearts.


"Dear friends, let us love one another,
 for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7

After much prayer and thought I decided to pick some mom I though could use some encouragement.   Day Spring has sent me some cards from their Day Spring's Redeemer collection.  I love these cards because they have bible verses already written in them.  Each card is filled with positive words and affirmation of  God.

 I was so excited deciding which mom needed each card, when it hit me each card fit the person I was thinking of perfectly.  This idea of sending a few cards to a few friends somehow became bigger than me.  It was about God using  me to express his love to his people.

Redeemed All Occasions - 10 Premium Card Assortment

 I took all the cards, sat down at my desk and began to write.  It really lifted my soul to give to other what I wanted, words of encouragement.  I mean that is what we are supposed to do.
"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them." Luke 6:31
I encourage you to give or send physical greeting cards to someone you know needs to hear God's love and encouraging words.  It does not have to be a long letter, just a few simple words.

 
Disclosure: DaySpring provided me with free cards but that all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you. That personal touch of a card, letter, encouraging word means so much. And like you, it always lifts my spirits when I am the receiver and giver as well :) DaySpring is an amazing company and they have some awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone needs encouragements for us to be strong in every problem we are facing in :).. so thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy! i appreciate it! and i love reading it! :)

    christian church oakville ontario

    ReplyDelete