Friday, July 18, 2014

SeaWorld Texas water park: Aquatica review


This summer my family and I attended Adventure Con 2014 hosted by SeaWorld / Aquatica (see my post on Sea World ).  As a mom with a child with special need I was a little nervous to take my Special Needs child to a water park like Aquatica, but since I check it out last year without her I was sure we would have a great time.

Since I was there for a Blogging Conference I was not able to spend the whole day in Aquatica, but we did make the most of the time we had in Aquatica.


First we ate lunch at Waterstone Grill. The sausage wrap and potato salad was really good and my daughter enjoyed eating the watermelon.  While we were eating, her favorite characters Shamu and a penguin mascots came out to visit with the kids.  She was so happy to see them and they both came over and hugged her.


Did you know Aquatica has animal encounters?
While our lunch settled we headed over to Roa's Aviary, in Loggerhear Beach of Aquatica. There were more birds than I was able to count. As you can see by the pictures the scenery is breath taking not to mention you can either walk among the tropical birds or wade through the waterfall.  Some of the birds in the aviary are considered threatened or endangered.  We were even able to feed the birds and see how amazing they are up-close.  Sea World educations are also there to answer any question we had about the birds.


Birds were not the only creatures we saw, we also saw turtles and stingrays.  We laid against a small wall and were able to feel the stingray as they glided passed us. They must like to be touch because they would come by us time and time again.  It was incredible to see the kids faces light up as they toughed the stingray. 

As a family we also took some time to float along Loggerhead Lane river.  The river's current pushes us along as we maneuvered through the different water obstacles. It was so much fun to get wet on a hot Texas day and see birds, turtles, and stingrays. 

They have some amazing ride too, but due to a medical emergency (my daughter had a seizure and we had to leave) we did not ride any ride this time.   However last year I was able to try-out all of the ride at Aquatica and they are amazing, thrilling rides. We will definitely be going back again this year.


Disclaimer I received discounted ticket to SeaWorld and Aquatic as well as quick queue passes and meal vouchers as part of Adventure Con 2014 Blogging Conference. However all opinion expressed her are my own.  


To learn more about Aquatica check out their website. http://aquaticabyseaworld.com/sanantonio/

No comments:

Post a Comment