Thursday, May 19, 2011

The things we do for love!

Yesterday I went to my Moms group for half a day and I took cupcake for the families.   We had some cupcake left over and were not sure what to do with them.   I decided to take them to my son's school for him to give to his friends during lunch time.  Now you have to know that his school and my house are in the opposite direction and I had an 8 month old that I had to nurse in the car.  I wasn't even sure if he would want them.  Pre-teen can be so fickle!
  When I got to his school I took the cup cake to the cafeteria.  I searched the room until I saw his face.  His eyes lit up as his eye met mine and then this eyes became even brighter as he was the cupcakes I was caring.

 All his friends asked if they could have a cupcake.  He passes out the cupcakes to his friends as they asked if it was his birthday.  He said "no, mom my brought them just because."  I could see a smile creep across his face and behind his eyes I could see him saying to himself "because she loves me."  At that moment I knew that I had made the right decision to travel in the opposite direction of our house and to come and see my son; even if only for 5 minutes ( I am pretty sure I not cool enough to stay longer than 5 minutes).   I think that it really meant a lot to my son for me to bring him cup cakes for no reason other then I love him.

This moment reminds me that I need to make more time to SHOW not just tell each of my children how much I love them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment