Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My first Noonday Collection Trunk show

A few weeks ago a dear friend of mine invited me to a Noonday trunk show.  I could not help but ask myself what is Noonday?

Here is a video of the Noonday story:




In February of 2010 Joe and Jessica Honegger visited Uganda.  While they were there they saw and held many orphan children then decided to adopted a child from Rwanda.  During this visit they also met with long time friends who help people in Uganda create sustainable income opportunities.  They asked Jessica if she would take some of the goods made by the locals to Austin, Texas and sell them to raise money for the costly adoption process.  Jessica agreed and when she returned to Austin she held her first Noonday Collection trunk show.

The idea for the Noonday Collection trunk show is where women can come and style themselves while advocating for women and kids.

In my opinion, Noonday trunk shows are a great way to give back to others what God has so graciously give us, freedom.
Noonday helps women in foreign countries to be able to support themselves and their family.  Can you imagine not being able to give your family the bare necessities of life.  For me it is hard to imagine.  I want to help, but sometime I wonder "what can I do?".  I felt like my friend's Noonday trunk show was an answer to my question.  Here I was able to help other women just like me.  They had a family just like me.  They had hopes and dreams just like me.  What a blessing for me to be able to buy a beautiful handcrafted product while helping a woman in a foreign country provide for their family. 



This is my local Noonday Ambassador, she believes in sharing the Noonday cause.  
My favorite Noonday quote from their website "Our passion at Noonday collection is to connect you with the lives of artisans struggling for a better future while styling you along the way. fashion and design are a vehicle for opportunity and change. you, too, can be a voice for the oppressed!"

To me the passion of Noonday is my passion too.


Here we are showing some so the beautiful Noonday pieces.
I really enjoyed going to my first Noonday trunk show.  It was so nice to see all the handcrafted pieces of jewelry, bowls and handbags to name a few.  There were so many adorable items to choose from. I had a hard time making up my mind as to what I was going to buy.  I finally settled on a bracelet and necklace.











To learn more about Marijoy and why she is a Noonday Ambassador, check out her Noonday page click here.




If you see any thing you like, you can also place orders on her website.


UPDATE:
My Noonday order just arrived today and I was so excited.  I tried on both pieces of jewelry. Here is a photo of me wearing both pieces.


The bracelet is a cuff intricately carved with a floral vine pattern by artisans in India. The funky paper bead necklace is made from individually recycled beads in Uganda.

Disclosure: I did NOT receive any free products for this post, I only want to share my love for this worthy cause. All opinions expressed here are my own.

1 comment: