Sunday, August 28, 2011

Elephant theme baby shower: The Decor

One of my good friends is having a baby,  and another friend and I wanted to bless her with a baby shower.  The first thing we had to do was to come up with a theme.  Since each of her children has a first name that begins with the first letter of the alphabet in order, we knew that this baby would have a name that begins with "E".  My friend also said that she likes elephant items for her 5th baby.  When you put those two together we knew that we had our theme: Elephants and Baby E.

The first thing that we did was to find plates that we liked.  The Mom to be did not know if she was having a boy or a girl which made it more challenging to find a neutral elephant theme.  We decided to go with a pink and blue theme with yellow as an accent color. I found these plates at  1st wishes website.

Plates and Napkins


 One of my other friends was so gracious to let me borrow her Cricut to help me come up with  these wonderful decoration, but if you don't have a Cricut or a friend that will let you borrow one like me, you still can do most of these decorations.
To make the napkins holders I cut out 25 elephants using the Cricut's Animal Kingdom cartridge and glued them to a small strip of paper.  I rolled up the napkins a one end and placed the napkins holder around the napkins.  I think the napkin holders really give it an elegant feeling.

Decorations

This banner can be time consuming, but it looks so cute I could not help myself from trying to make it.  I used my Stampin' up big shot machine to cut out the squares and the letters.  For the elephants I just cut out one of the elephants from each paper plate and glued it to a square piece of paper.



Wall Hangings 


We put up lots of balloons in pink, blue and white.  We also had two elephant balloons that went with the plate theme. We played soft lullaby music in the background.  On the right of the Television  I made a wall hanging that says "Baby E".  I gave it to the Mom To Be after the shower so that she can hang it in the baby's room.  On the left of the televison I had two wall hangings of elephants cut out of pink and blue card stock using the Cricut.  


For the water bottles, I cut out elephants to 1 1/2 inch on the Circut.  Using tweezers, I carefully placed googlies eyes using a hot glue gun.  Then I glued them to strips of pink or blue paper.  To make sure that they did not fall down the bottle I put a small dot of hot glue on the back of the paper and the water bottle.  

Centerpiece




Centerpiece on the kitchen opening:  I had to get creative. to make the top so I used the Big Shot machine to cut out the scalloped square and the smaller embossed square (to embossed the square I used a stamp'n up embossed folder).  For the pink elephant I cut out a 1 1/2 inch elephant (with the Cricut using the Animal Kingdom set).  The letter were also cut out using the Cricut. ( I also made another side to this so that you have something to look at from both sides.  I glued both sides together  putting a dowel between the squares.  I placed a yellow ribbon on the dowel and tied it in a bow (the bow was some how shifted). The dowel was placed in the stand.  To make the stand I used the Cricut.  To make the stand stand up I placed pennies in the bottom and covered them with pink tissue paper.  The two elephants on either side of the stand are from The Little People zoo collection (one is my child's and one is a friend's child's).  It took a long time to make, but I think that it is really cute and adds to the overall theme.






Centerpiece for the Table : I used the same base as the kitchen centerpiece only I used pink paper, with a blue "E" on it.  For each of the four dowels I cut a square paper.  On each square paper I put, "E", "is" , "for" and a cut out of an elephant.  To make sure that he dowels stayed in place, I filled the base with peanuts.


We filled this box up with M&Ms for the guest to munch on.









Favors
Last but not least, what is a party without favors.  To make these I used the Cricut's Tags, Bags Boxes & More set.  They are the cutest size; just right to put a bite size candy bar into.  One one side they have a blue or pink elephant and on the other side they have "Baby E" written on them.

PS To see the  Elephant cake check out Elephant theme baby shower: The Cake and Games


No comments:

Post a Comment